Posted on: 20 Oct 2012
Tagged by: Biography of Saints | Scholarly qoutes
..:: Golden Words of Wisdom ::..
by Qutb-e-Madina Shaykh Diya al-Deen Ahmad
Siddiqi al-Qadiri Radawi al-Madani Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu
- Always be steadfast on the sacred Shari’ah. The greater one is obedient to the Shari'ah the higher one attains status in Tariqah.
- Do work for the Religion for the sake of the Religion and do not do it for name and fame.
- Engage in feeding food even though it is basic Dhaal and rice. There is great virtues and Barakaat in feeding.
- Become a Veiler [Sat’taar – one who hides the faults of others]. Hide the faults of the Muslim, may they be religious or worldly.
- Duniya is an evil thing. He who is tangled with it keeps on sinking into it. He who runs away from it , it remains at ones feet.
- Salah and Fasts are from the essentials, but real religion is rectifying ones transactions.
- Here [in Madina al-Munawwarah] the wise and elders say; ‘Constant performance of Salaah becomes a habit, by keeping Fasts, the cost of one meal is saved and religion is the name of rectification of dealings.
- First Salaam , second feed food and third talk. When someone visits you, first greet him then feed him and lastly ask him the reason of his visit.
- The Murshid who is dependent on the Murid, in my view, is not a Murshid.
- To become a Murshid is very difficult and to be a son of a Murshid is very simple. Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala save us from becoming Sahibzadahs.
- In obedience there is virtue and in innovation [Bid’ah] there is destruction. Be a follower and you will attain salvation.
- In secrecy is salvation and fame breeds discord.
- Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala has given the cursed devil great powers. It is only Allah’s (SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala) Mercy that can protect one from the evil of the devil.
- The Spiritual Silsilah is only one that is the Qadiriyyah. The rest are its tributaries.
- There is no harm in eating the bread of a miser. But one must abstain from eating anything from a Man’nan . May Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala protect us from the favours of a Man’nan.
- There is no goodness in the sand of Najd, it has nothing but pure evil.
- Do not give anyone a loan more than your financial capacity and don’t reveal the loan to anyone nor demand its repayment. If the creditor returns the loan regard it as a fresh sustenance from Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala.
- Doing good deeds is a Toufeeq from Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala and a sign of acceptance. Guidance is certainly from Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala but a servant has to make efforts in doing good deeds.
- A fortunate person is he whose letter is read in the sacred city of Madina al-Munawwarah or he is discussed with goodness there or his name is mentioned there.
- Continue extolling the sacred name of ‘Ya Ghawth Ya Ghawth’. There are blessings of this sacred name in both the worlds.
- Never recite the Darud Sharif with the intention of Ziyaarah. The beloved Habib SallAllaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam is not restricted to any human. If He (SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam) blesses anyone then it is His favour.
- No greed, no rejection and no hoarding are virtue.
- Wafa is either you bury your companion or he buries you in the ground.
- Safeguard yourself from severe cold as it takes its grudge in old age.
- Wealth is madness and seek Allah’s (SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala) protection from it as it take a long time to regain consciousness from it.
- Fulfilling lust is a deadly companion and an evil habit. It is a lethal enemy.
- Pride and boastfulness destroys the intellect.
- Avoid relationship with your opposite specie.
- Don’t ask Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala for abundance, If you have reliance then there is great abundance of Barkat in little sustenance.
- Knowledge is achieved by seeking it; sitting in the company of the knowledgeable and also by Divine Inspiration.
- Your Murshid is he on whose hands you have initially taken Bay’ah. Regarding Faydh , take it wherever you find it.
- Always keep far from dissention and disunity.
- Goodness is in being kind to the creation of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala.
- One must give charity according to the ones means and ability.
- Never behave with severity and harshness as there is no goodness in it.
- If anyone sits in Madina al-Munawwarah with justice and patience, then sustenance comes to him from all directions.
- If anyone is caught in the net of a Najdi , he sinks to the depths of the ocean . If he is saved from this then regard it as a gift of a new life.
- A poor man is a blessing and not a burden.
- To educate an evil and incompetent person is to put the Ummah in discord.
- Exercising patience in hardship and misfortune is the key to success.
- Accept the excuse or apology of your enemy.
- Do not regard your enemy weak and sickness as insignificant.
- Spiritual culture is not to hurt the feelings of anyone.
- Four things are disastrous to a human;
1) To eat food when not hungry.
2) To habitually take medication
3) To have excessive sex
4) To dig for the faults of others.
- Write letters as paper horses are good.
- He who is kind to creation is in reality engaged in the Love of the Creator (SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala).
- People have attained everlasting wealth in Adab and enthusiasm.
- Do not behave like a mad man in search of sustenance because whatever is destined for you, you will certainly receive.
- Secret charity stops the wrath of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala.
- He who desires the goodwill of creation with good conduct has brightened his face.
- He who has good supposition lives a peaceful life.
- An intelligent person never leaves four things; patience, thankfulness, peace and solitude.
— — —
Translated by an insignificant mendicant of the illustrious Qutb
Khadim al-Ilm al-Sharif Shaykh Abdul Hadi al-Qadiri Radawi
Imam Ahmad Raza Academy, Durban - South Africa
Youm al-'Arafa 9th Zil Hijjat al-Haram 1432H