BENEFITS OF DHIKR - Part II
Al-Imam Al-Hafiz Ibn-Al-Qayyim, the well-known `Aalim, wrote a book 'Al-Waabil As-Sayyib' , on the benefits of Dhikr. He stated that the benefits of Dhikr are more than one hundred and he has listed seventy three of these. Some of these include multiple benefits, and for this reason their actual number is more than one hundred. We present here PART II of the benefits of DHIKR :-
26) The gatherings of Dhikr are gathering of angels, and gatherings without Dhikr are gatherings of Shaytaan. A person is free to have a choice between the two, and verily man, by instinct, is drawn towards what is akin to his temperament.
أَنَّ مَجَالِسَ الذِّكْرِ مَجَالِس الْمَلاَئِكَةِ ، وَ مَجَالِس اللَّغْوِ
وَ الْغَفْلَةِ مَجَالِس الشَّيَاطِيْنِ . فَلْيتخير الْعَبْد أَعْجبهما
إِلَيْهِ ، وَ أولاهما به ، فَهُوَ مَعَ أَهْلِهِ فِي الدُّنْيا وَ الآخِرَةِ
27) By virtue of Dhikr, the Dhakir is blessed, as also the person sitting by him. Similarly the indolent person is accursed for his indolence, as also the person sitting by him.
أَنَّهُ يسعد الذاكر بذكره ، و يسعد به جليسه ، و هذا هو
المبارك أين ما كان . و الغافل و اللاغي يشقى بلغوه
و غفلته و يشقى به مجالسه
28) Dhikr will save one from despair on the Day of Judgement. This is confirmed by one of the Ahadith which says that the gathering devoid of Allah's Dhikr will cause sorrow and losses on that Day.
أَنَّهُ يؤمن العبد من الحسرة يوم القيامة . فَإِنَّ كل مجالس
لا يذكر العبد فيه ربه تعالى ، كان عليه حسرة و ترة
29) If Dhikr is shared by tears and repentance in loneliness, the Dhakir will be protected under the shadow of Allah's throne on the Day of Judgement, when hearts will jump to lips due to agony of intolerable heat of that Day.
30) Those who remain busy in Dhikr are better rewarded by Allah than those who remain busy in Du`aa or supplication. According to one Hadith, Almighty Allah says that I will give better reward to one who is abstained by his engagements in Dhikr from making Du`aa than all those who find time for making Du`aa.
31) In spite of the fact that Dhikr is the easiest form of worship (the movement of the tongue being easier than the movement of any other part of the body), yet it is the most virtuous form.
32) Allah's Dhikr helps the plants of Paradise to grow.
أَنَّهُ غرَاس الْجَنَّةِ
33) Of all actions the reward and forgiveness promised for Dhikr is the highest. According to one hadith:
"If on any day a person repeats one hundred times the Kalimah:
(There is none worthy of worship except Allah, the One. There is no partner with Him; His is the kingdom, and for Him is all praise, and He is All-powerful to do everything),
he is rewarded as for freeing ten slaves, and in addition one hundred virtues are written to his account and one hundred sins are forgiven. He remains protected against the devil throughout the day, and none is considered as having acted better than him except one who has recited these words more often than him. Similarly, there are many other Ahadith proclaiming the superiority of Dhikr over other good deeds.