BENEFITS OF DHIKR - Part I continued
16) It gives life to the heart. Dhikr is as necessary for the heart as water for the fish. Imagine the condition of a fish out of water.
17) It is food for the heart and the soul; depriving them of Dhikr is like depriving the body of its food.
18) It cleanses the heart of its rust. Everything rusts according to its nature; and heart rusts with worldly desires and indifference; Dhikr is necessary to purify it.
19) It safeguards against pitfalls and lapses.
20) The heart of a neglectful person is tormented by a feeling of remoteness from Allah, and nothing other than Dhikr can rid the heart of this feeling.
21) The words of Dhikr keep on moving around the ARSH (THRONE) of Almighty Allah, as stated in a hadith.
22) If one remembers Allah in happiness, Almighty Allah remembers him in his afflictions.
23) It is a means to deliverance from Allah's punishment.
أَنَّهُ ينجي من عذاب الله تعالى
24) It causes Allah's peace and mercy to descend. While angels surround the person engaged in Dhikr.
أَنَّهُ سَبَب تَنْزِيْل السَّكِيْنَة ، وَ غشيَان الرَّحْمَة ، وَ حفوف
الملائكة بالذاكر كما أخبر به النبي صلى الله عليه و سلّم
25) It saves the tongue from indulging in backbiting, loose talk, lies and abuses. It is a common experience that a man whose tongue remains engaged in Dhikr does not commit these absurdities. On the other hand, the tongue that is not used in Dhikr, falls an easy prey to all kinds of useless talk.