DHIKR IN THE HOLY QUR'AN - PART I
Even if there were no Ayah or Hadith relating to Dhikr, we should always remember our Creator and Sustainer, Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta`aala. His blessings and favours on us at all times are unlimited. It is only natural that we should remember our Benefactor, perform His Dhikr (remember Him), and thank Him. Countless virtues of Dhikr are described in the Qur'an and Hadith. The sayings and deeds of the pious Muslims who came before us (the Salaf As-Sālih and the generations which followed them) support this understanding and practice. Undoubtedly, the blessings of the glorious Dhikr of Allah are unlimited.
We present here some verses from the Holy Qur'an relating to the Remembrance of Almighty Allah.
QURANIC VERSES RELATING TO DHIKR
1) Therefore remember me, I will remember you. Give thanks to me and reject Me not.
FADH-KURŪNĪ ADH-KUR-KUM WASH-KURŪ-LĪ WA LĀ TAKFURŪN 
[ SŪRATUL BAQARAH, 2:152 ]
2) “When (during the Hajj) you pass on in the multitude from 'Arafat, remember Allah by the sacred monument. Remember Him as he has guided you, although before this you were of those gone astray.”
FA I-DHĀ AFADTUM MIN ARAFĀTIN FADH-KURUL-LĀHA `INDAL- MASH`ARIL HARĀM. WADH-KURŪHU KAMĀ HADĀKUM WA IN KUNTUM MIN QABLIHĪ LAMINAD- DĀL-LĪN. 
[ SŪRATUL BAQARAH, 2:198 ]
(About midway between Arafat and Mina is a place called Muzdalifa where the Holy Prophet offered a long Prayer. It has thus become a Sacred Monument or place and pilgrims are directed to follow that example on their return from Arafat. Also, there were some arrogant tribes living in Makkah who used not to go to Arafat with the other pilgrims but to stop short at Muzdalifa. They are rebuked for their arrogance and told that they must perform all the rites like the rest of the pilgrims. This demonstrates the equality in Islam.
3) And when you have completed your Hajj rites, then remember Allah as you remember your fathers, or with a more lively remembrance. There are men who say, "Our lord! Give unto us, your bounties in this world," but they will have no portion in the hereafter."
There are men (also) who say, "Our Lord! Give unto us in the world that which is good and in the hereafter that which is good, and save us from the chastisement of Hell-Fire." For them, there is in store a goodly portion (in both worlds) out of that which they have earned. Allah is swift at reckoning." 
[ SURATUL BAQARAH, 2:200-202 ]
FA IDHAA QADAYTUM MANAASIKAKUM FADH-KURUL- LAAHA KA- DHIKRIKUM AABAA-AKUM AW ASHADDA DHIKRA. FAMINAN- NAASI MAN YAQUULU RABBANAA AATINAA FID-DUNYAA WA MAA LAHUU FIL- AAKHIRATI MIN KHALAAQ.
WA MINHUM MAN YAQUULU RABBANAA AATINAA FID-DUNYAA HASANATAN WA FIL- AAKHIRATI HASANATAN WA QINAA `A-DHAABAN NAAR.
ULAA-IKA LAHUM NASIIBUM MIMMAA KASABUU, WAL-LAAHU SARII`UL HISAAB.
[ SURATUL BAQARAH, 2:200-202 ]
It is related in a hadith that the 'Duaa' of three persons is not rejected: rather it is surely accepted. (1) He who remembers Allah profusely (2) An oppressed person (3) A Just Ruler.
4) (During the Hajj) remember Allah all through the appointed days. 
WADH-KURUL- LAAHA FII AYYAAMIM MA`DUUDAAT
[ SŪRATUL BAQARAH, 2:203 ]
5) Then celebrate the praises of your Lord again and again, and glorify Him in the early hours of night and In the morning. 
WADH-KUR RABBAKA KATHIIRAN WA SABBIH BIL-`ASHI-YI WAL
[ SŪRAH ĀLI-`IMRĀN, 3:41 ]
6) (Talking of the People of intellect)… These are such as remember Allah, standing, sitting, and reclining, and reflect upon the creation of the heavens and the Earth, and say, (after deliberation):
"Our lord! You have not created this in vain. Glory be to You! Save us from the punishment of Hell-Fire." 
[ SŪRAH ĀLI-`IMRĀN, 3:191 ]
7) When you have performed the act of Salaat, remember Allah, standing, sitting and reclining.” 
(We should remember him in all circumstances.)
[ SŪRAH AN-NISĀ’, 4:103 ]
8) (The Hypocrites) when they stand up to worship, they perform it languidly and to be seen by men, and are mindful of Allah but little. 
[ SŪRAH AN-NISĀ’, 4:142 ]
9) Satan seeks only to cast among you enmity and hatred by means of strong drink and games of chance, and to turn you from remembrance of Allah, and from His worship. Will ye then leave off (these bad habits)? 
[ SŪRATUL MĀ-I-DAH, 5:191 ]
10) Send not away those who call their Lord at morning and evening, seeking His countenance (pleasure). 
[ SŪRATUL AN`ĀM, 6:52 ]
11) And call upon Him, making your devotion purely for Him (only).
WAD`UUHU MUKHLISIINA LAHUD- DIIN
[ SŪRATUL A`RĀF, 7:29 ]
12) Call upon your Lord humbly and in secret.
Lo! He loves not transgressors. Work not confusion in the Earth after the fair ordering thereof, and call on Him in fear and hope. Lo! The mercy of Allah is nigh unto the good. 
[ SŪRATUL A`RĀF, 7:55-56 ]
13) The most beautiful names belong to Allah. So invoke Him by them. 
WA LILLAAHIL- ASMAA-UL HUSNA FAD`UUHU BIHAA.
[ SŪRATUL A`RĀF, 7:180 ]
14) And do thou remember thy Lord within thyself humbly and with awe, below thy breath, at morn and evening. And be thou not of the neglectful. 
[ SŪRATUL A`RĀF, 7:205 ]
15) "They only are the (true) believers whose hearts feel a tremor when Allah is mentioned, and when the revelations of Allah are recited unto them, they find their faith strengthened, and who trust in their lord. Thereafter mentioning the observance of Salaat by them it is stated:
"Such in truth are the believers: they shall enjoy dignified positions with their lord and blessed with His forgiveness and generous sustenance." 
[ SŪRATUL ANFĀL, 8:2 ]
 [ SŪRATUL BAQARAH, 2:152 ]
 SŪRATUL BAQARAH, 2:198
 SŪRATUL BAQARAH, 2:200-202
 SŪRATUL BAQARAH, 2:203
 SŪRAH ĀLI-`IMRĀN, 3:41
 SŪRAH ĀLI-`IMRĀN, 3:191
 SŪRAH AN-NISĀ’, 4:103
 SŪRAH AN-NISĀ’, 4:142
 SŪRATUL MĀ-I-DAH, 5:191
 SŪRATUL AN`ĀM, 6:52
 SŪRATUL A`RĀF, 7:29
 SŪRATUL A`RĀF, 7:55-56
 SŪRATUL A`RĀF, 7:180
 SŪRATUL A`RĀF, 7:205
 SŪRATUL ANFĀL, 8:2